Empower has been assisting the Romani Church in the midst of these developments as well as helping with other church planting outreaches, Scriptures, and pastoral support needs. You will see from the pictures included that our partners are able to stretch the dollars we provide to buy a large amount of desperately needed goods which are then distributed to believers and unbelievers alike. These gifts encourage the believers and also provide an opportunity for pastors to meet and witness to the unbelievers. In our estimation at Empower… these are funds well spent!
Here is an explanation of how Empower blesses our global national church partners with the funds you entrust to this ministry:
- The process begins when a donor sends funds to Empower for a specific project. Empower honours your designation and forwards your gifts through international bank transfers to our Partner ministries. All transactions are monitored and are subject to an external audit annually.
- Our Partner ministry takes these funds and purchases food, supplies or emergency items in-country. Receipts for the goods, and also pictures showing distribution are supplied to Empower for accounting purposes and authentication by Empower staff. Empower has chosen trusted national ministries to operate through, with proven integrity and experience. These methods of verification are willingly provided to assure you, as donors, of the integrity of their operations.
- In this case of the Romani food distribution, the national ministry uses the van that Empower purchased for them to pick up the food from various sources and then deliver it to central locations to be disbursed to the families in need.
- Empower's name is not on any of the packaging, or on the van, or visible in any way in the distribution. Every person/family receiving the compassionate assistance sees only the local congregation and pastor sharing items of love with them. In this way, the local Body of Christ is seen as the source of the gifts, and their opportunities for evangelism and discipleship are multiplied through this arrangement.
- If asked, the national pastor will tell the recipients that other believers in Christ from around the world wanted to share their blessings.
- The verse that Empower stands by in this approach to ministry is found in Matthew 6:1-4:
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven. So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."
Empower Ministries believes that this is the most powerful method of sharing your gifts of compassion with those in distress, while at the same time empowering the national Church to share Jesus with the lost and encourage believers.
We remain for you – focused, effective, and efficient.